Senior Travel Consultant
African Wildlife Safaris & Natural Focus have been creating unforgettable, tailor-made safaris for our clients for over 38 years. We are looking for a permanent, full-time Senior Travel Consultant with extensive experience in selling Africa to join our experienced team based in our Melbourne office.
The primary role of our Travel Consultants is to create individualised itineraries to our destinations, which include some of the most inspirational wildlife and wilderness areas of the world – Africa, South America, Canada, Alaska, India and the polar regions.
Who we are:
African Wildlife Safaris is one of the oldest African travel wholesalers in Australia and has been operating for over 38 successful years. Our sister company Natural Focus was founded in 2000 and specialises in travel to India, Sri Lanka, South and Central America, Canada and Alaska, Antarctica and the Arctic. We pride ourselves on being experts in designing tailor-made itineraries for our clients, on our professionalism and our passion for what we do. Our extensive product range includes high end safaris, luxury lodges and safari camps, boutique hotels, luxury train travel, small ship cruises and small group adventures. We have long standing relationships with our highly respected ground operators and suppliers. Our spacious and pleasant offices are on the first floor of a two story building in South Melbourne close to shops and restaurants.
We are looking for a Senior Travel Consultant who has extensive experience in selling Africa. Your role will involve working with travel agents and direct clients to ascertain what travellers are looking for and then create personalised and highly memorable itineraries.
This is NOT an entry level job so only experienced Travel Consultants need apply.
To be successful in this role you need to have:
- Minimum 3-5 years travel industry experience in wholesale or retail
- Extensive knowledge of one or more of our destinations, in particular Africa
- International fares & ticketing skills
- Exceptional customer service & sales abilities
- Organisational and time management skills
- Strong eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to work effectively in a close team environment
- Highly developed computer skills with ability to quickly learn systems
- Strong problem solving skills
Highly desirable skills and experience:
- Use of Sabre Airline System
- Experience in developing tailor made itineraries
- Location: South Melbourne, Victoria
- Competitive salary + super + travel benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Full time position Monday to Friday
- Ongoing training
- Opportunities for Educationals
- Opportunity to work towards Cert 3 & 4 in Travel
If you think you are the person we are looking for then send us an application that includes:
- Covering letter
- Up to date Resume
- Addresses all the essential and desirable criteria listed in the position description
Your application should include answers to the following questions:
- How many years’ experience do you have as a travel consultant?
- Have you completed a qualification in travel and tourism?
- Do you have experience in a sales role?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- Which destinations have you travelled to?
*As this is a permanent role we cannot consider people who hold a working holiday visa.
Applications by email only please to: email@example.com