What are the best things to do in Kenya?
Kenya has so many exciting and wonderful experiences to enjoy that the options are endless. Top experiences include:
- Witnessing the great wildebeest migration (September to October) in the Masai Mara.
- Exploring Samburu Game Reserve with its big game as well as rare endemic species.
- Breakfast with the Rothschild’s giraffes at Giraffe Manor.
- Thousands of flamingos and pelicans on the Rift Valley lakes .
- Getting close to rhino in Laikipia.
- Meeting the Samburu or Maasai and learning about their culture.
What is the climate like in Kenya?
The highland areas have a temperate climate (22°- 25°C) due to the high altitude, however it is hotter in low-lying areas like the Rift Valley (30°- 35°C). The coast is hot and humid most of the year. Kenya has two rainy seasons, the ‘short rains’ that take place over 5-6 weeks in November and December and the ‘long rains’ that occur during March to May.
How do I get to Kenya?
Kenya’s major capital Nairobi is the main entry point into the country. Major airlines that fly into Nairobi include British Airways, Etihad Airways, Emirates, Lufthansa and Air France. From Nairobi, Kenya Airways offers flights to other popular African destinations including South Africa, Uganda, Rwanda and Zimbabwe.
What can I combine Kenya with?
Kenya is often combined with neighbouring Tanzania, and with Uganda or Rwanda for a trek to see the gorillas. A few days on the beautiful beaches of the Tanzanian island of Zanzibar is a very popular way to end a Kenyan safari.
Want to know more about Kenya?
Visit our FAQ page or call us:
Australia: 1300 363 302
United States: +1 (213) 460 3364
United States: +1 (646) 217 0354
United Kingdom: +44 (20) 4518 8166