Mt Mulligan Lodge affords an exclusive and personalised encounter with back-country Far North Queensland.
Guests can enjoy active adventures during the day and relax in the laid back luxury of the lodge on return. Situated beneath the majestic 18 km escarpment of Mt Mulligan, the property has stunning mountain views whilst overlooking a crystal clear barramundi-filled weir.
This multi-award-winning retreat was designed to harmonise with the natural surroundings and history of the area, using natural wood and stone, pitched corrugated metal roofs, deep shaded verandas and soft natural tones. The main pavilion houses the restaurant, bar and sitting area overlooking the sparkling infinity pool. There is also a sunset bar to watch the mountain light up as the sun goes down.
Mt Mulligan Lodge is 160 kms north west of Cairns and can be accessed via a 35-minute scenic helicopter flight from Cairns or a 2.5-hour 4WD adventure from Cairns. Mt Mulligan Lodge has a seasonal closure between late January and the beginning of March.
Guest accommodation is in 6 spacious suites decorated in earthy hues with plush linen, sisal rugs and lavish leather furniture. The luxurious ensuite bathroom features cool grey stone tiles and bronze fittings. Glass and timber sliding doors open onto a private deck, outdoor bath and amazing views. One of the pavilions is suitable for a family or small group, whilst another is wheel chair accessible. All retreats include a complimentary mini-bar, daily housekeeping, optional climate control, complimentary laundry service, Wi-Fi, binoculars, yoga mats, music system (with MP3 input) and a safe. There are no TVs in any of the rooms. Accommodation is all-inclusive, with three gourmet meals per day prepared by the acclaimed kitchen team, unlimited Australian beer, wine and soft drinks and daily group activities. Children of all ages are welcome.
There is a wide range of activities at Mt Mulligan, from guided tours of the historic goldfields, exploring the mine and abandoned township to ATV adventures, wildlife spotting, hiking and stargazing. Experience the day-to-day operations of the ranch or even join in the cattle muster (specific dates only). Take a gourmet picnic hamper and discover the rugged beauty of the area, fish for barramundi in the weir, or take a helicopter flight. At the end of the day’s adventures enjoy an indulgent dinner prepared by the chefs showcasing wonderfully fresh local produce.
- all-inclusive of meals, drinks and activities
- 6 spacious air-conditioned guest suites
- Main pavilion with lounge/bar and restaurant
- Indoor and outdoor dining area
- All meals and drinks included
- Sunset bar
- Outdoor infinity pool
- Unlimited use of paddle boards, light fishing gear and kayaks
- Use of Yoga mats, sky-gazing telescope
- Gourmet Picnic Hampers
- In-room dining services
- Use of private electric buggy
- Tours to Mt Mulligan old township (now a ghost town) and coal mine
- Tours to historic Tyrconnell Gold Mine
- Guided hikes
- All-Terrain Vehicle adventures
- Experience a working cattle ranch
- Cattle mustering when available
- Barramundi fishing in the weir
- Stand up paddle board or kayaking on the weir
- Star gazing
- The Lookout for picnics and sunrise view
- Guided rainforest walks*
- Bird watching and wildlife viewing
*At extra cost
- Award-winning lodge in remote outback Queensland.
- Spectacular scenery
- Chance to experience a working cattle ranch
- All inclusive of meals, drinks and activities.
- A wide range of outdoor activities
- 16 air-conditioned suites with modern ensuite bathroom
- Onsite dining featuring gourmet cuisine
- Chef prepared meals making use of fresh local ingredients
- Sunset bar
- Infinity pool
- Nearby fresh water weir for swimming, fishing, kayaking and paddle boards
- Star gazing on clear dry season nights
Qantas, Jetstar and Virgin fly into Cairns and from here it is a 160 km drive (2.5 to 3 hours) by 4WD to the Mt Mulligan property. Private 4WD transfers are recommended unless you are experienced with rough road driving and these can be arranged. Helicopter transfers (35 minutes) can be arranged. Roads can be blocked during the peak of the wet season from January to March when a helicopter transfer is recommended.
Accommodation in Tropical North Queensland
Below are some of our most popular places to stay in Tropical North Queensland. Please contact us for more information.
A little piece of paradise, Thala Beach is a private nature reserve and eco resort on the doorstep to the Great Barrier Reef.
Mt Mulligan Lodge
With accommodation for just 20 guests at any one time, Mt Mulligan Lodge affords an exclusive and personalised encounter with back-country Far North Queensland.
Hidden in the heart of the World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest, this boutique eco lodge is the perfect place to rediscover the healing power of nature.
Silky Oaks Lodge
Situated at the edge of the World Heritage-listed Daintree National Park, Silky Oaks Lodge is Queensland’s most unique rainforest sanctuary.
Below are some of our most popular tours around Queensland. Please contact us for more information.
Scenic Rim Trail
Take in the tranquillity of Queensland’s Scenic Rim on this moderately challenging 6 day accommodated walking adventure.
Sign up to receive updates about exciting journeys, special offers and more