Escorted by African Wildlife Safaris CEO Steve Cameron this 17-day safari visits some of Zambia’s most prestigious wildlife areas staying at remote and exclusive camps.
Expect expert guides, games drives, exciting walking and canoeing safaris away from busy tourist areas guaranteeing an unrivalled safari experience. Designed on an all-inclusive basis (except in Lusaka) relax, enjoy and make the most of this unique and off-the-beaten-track safari of a lifetime.
Departing on 21 August 2024 from Lusaka, this special departure unveils the wonders of Zambia during the peak wildlife viewing season.
Please note: Maximum group size is 8. Single travellers on request.We can assist with your airfares and book your flights in your preferred class of travel.
- 7 nights exploring the pristine South Luangwa with The Bushcamp Company. Stay at small, intimate camps in remote areas and enjoy guided walks and productive game drives in search of wildlife including leopard and lion.
- 5 nights in the Lower Zambezi National Park at exclusive Potato Bush Camp. Feel the thrill of getting up close to wildlife in your canoe and seeing things from a different perspective.
- 3 nights at Thorntree River Lodge – a secluded lodge close to the famous Victoria Falls. Activities range from rhino walking safaris and canoeing to game drives and cultural visits.
- Light aircraft transfers
- Full board accommodation (except in Lusaka)
- Tented rooms or thatched rondavels with private bathrooms
- All drinks (premium brands excluded)
- Game drives in open 4WD vehicle
- Walking safaris & canoeing
- Park fees, laundry, gratuities, services of a tour escort
- International flights
21 August 2024 ex Lusaka
17 days/16 nights
Day 1 (21 Aug)
On arrival at Lusaka Airport you will meet your Tour Escort and transfer to Latitude 15.
Days 2 – 4 (22 – 24 Aug)
This morning fly to Mfuwe. Transfer by road to Chindeni Camp in the South Luangwa National Park via Mulberry Mongoose – a workshop run by local craftswoman who use recovered wires from poaching traps to create jewellery. Overlooking a productive lagoon, enjoy day and night time game drives, exciting bushwalks and evening sundowners along the river.
Days 5/6 (25 – 26 Aug)
This morning transfer by vehicle to Kapamba Camp. This remote and romantic camp holds a beautiful riverside position and boasts a relaxing lounge area, whilst sundowners are often enjoyed in the river.
Days 7/8 (27 – 28 Aug)
This morning transfer by vehicle to Kuyenda, a small bush camp with just 6 thatched rondavels. Enjoy the exclusivity of this authentic camp, where activities centre on game drives and walking safaris.
Days 9 – 13 (29 Aug – 02 Sep)
Potato Bush Camp
Fly to Jeki Airstrip where you will be met and transferred to Potato Bush Camp. Over the next four days experience the wonders of the Lower Zambezi National park. It is one of the best places on earth for canoe safaris, with outstanding wildlife and photographic opportunities available. Other activities include walking safaris, day and night game drives and boat excursions.
Days 14 – 16 (03 – 05 Sep)
Thorntree River Lodge
Fly this morning to the Zambian capital of Livingstone. On arrival in Livingstone you will be met and transferred to Thorntree River Lodge. Activities include a tour of the falls, rhino walking safaris, canoeing, game drives, boat trips and cultural visits.
Day 17 (06 Sep)
Tour ends, Livingstone
Transfer to the airport for your onward flight (not included). End of arrangements.
Steve first visited Africa in 1982 leading overland safaris the length and breadth of the continent before returning to Australia and co-founding African Wildlife Safaris with his wife Sara. Over the last 37 years, Steve has returned to the continent more than 70 times, building an impressive resume and unrivalled knowledge of the African bush. Whilst Steve loves all things African, two of his favourite activities are walking through the African bush and canoeing the Zambezi – both featured in this unique itinerary.